Wednesday 13 July 2011

where have my 2 inches gone?

I now have official confirmation that my height has reduced by two inches since my back operation on the 13th June 2006. I always used to be 5 foot 11½ inches tall. This exact measurement was important to me as it allowed me to describe myself, with moderate justification, as six foot tall when asked. I could always add - "well, just under" - if pressed to be exact.

Not any more. My long-time  suspicion that I am substantially shorter was confirmed by the Traps Hill Surgery nurse. No big deal, except that my BMI is affected adversely. What would have been an OK weight for a six footer (well, almost) is not alright if you are a midget at 5' 9½". I now struggle to remain on the right side of normality whereas before I had a few pounds leeway before entering the danger zone of the over-weight.

I now have to get my weight down to 12 stone, or under, to be in the 'normal for your height' weight zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment