Wednesday 25 May 2011

synchronicity

Jung's concept of synchronicity has always fascinated me. My first experience came after being entranced by an exquisitely exotic flower I saw near Graham's house. I long puzzled as to what sort of plant this was. Much later we were in the garden of Chartwell, Churchill's house, and being with Sue, who is interested in plants, I started to describe the alien-looking flower that had so enthralled me. "Is that the flower?" Sue asked pointing to a passion fruit plant growing behind me.


On my 64th birthday I had my second synchronicity experience. I had been conscious of an irritating redness around my penis and was preparing for the embarrassing experience of going to the doctors. That night I was doing the Guardian cryptic crossword set by Arachne which turned out to be themed around psychoanalysis and Jung. A clue puzzled me and I used a spell checker to look up possible solutions. Although it wasn't the answer, the word "balanitis" - totally unfamiliar to me - sprung up and I realised immediately it would mean something to me.

It was my problem and gave me a solution to it - canesten - which I already had.

I must explore more about Jung's ideas around synchronicity and quantum mechanics. I think it will confirm ideas that I have about parallel/multiple universes and the nature of sleep/dream as the interface between them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment